Monday, January 7, 2008

I've got a cold

This blog should come with a warning: ****Don't read--it's uninspiring****

And I'm bored. I took the day off from work. At first I thought I was being a little self-indulgent, but I'm glad I didn't try to muscle my way through a day of massages (I'd still be at work now and that's just preposterous). I've been taking Old Indian Wild Cherry Bark (or something like that) and some Osha tonic thing that Becki had told me to by last March when I was sick. I started pushing this stuff this morning and now it's really caught up with me. (It's suppose to make all the mucus move around and come out.) I'm dripping from my nose and my eyeballs. Which is kind of fun in a very pathetic kind of way.

I was supposed to run 15 miles today. But I didn't. Because I have a cold and I want it to go away. It was warm out. And that just kind of pissed me off. I blame the warm weather for my current state.


My current favorite drink: Stash Lemongrass ginger tea with honey. It's the only thing that soothes my throat. (I think my slippery elm is a dud.)

Hillary is not doing well in the polls in NH and their primary election is tomorrow. I fear it is not possible for a woman to be elected president in this country. Obama is a phony. I don't know why more people don't see this. Though if he is nominated/elected, I hope I'm wrong.

I went on a meditation retreat this last weekend. It was perfectly wonderful. I did meditate this morning for half an hour or so. My mind has gotten very monkey-ish, but that's okay, it's what minds do. Earlier today, when I was feeling bored, not being able to sleep because I was dripping so much, I thought about meditating again, but then I started reading Harry Potter. I've been catching up on reading craigslist personal ads RSS feeds, and I don't understand why people post all the numbers they do. Heights and weights and ages and such. It's enough to make my head spin. Besides, I don't know if 180lbs is a lot or a little on a 5'11" dude. And here's a little pet peeve of mine: when people say "no vegetarians," do they not realize that all of us searching for vegetarians see that? They probably attract more vegetarians than not to their posting. This is irritating. I could write a post for "no republicans" but that would be dumb.

(Yay! It's fun be sick and cranky. Positivity is soooooo overrated.)

1 comment:

eric said...

wait.... am i on the wrong blog? what is this?