Monday, January 22, 2007

An Average Winter Run


Time of departure: 7:00am
Sunrise: 7:12 am

Temperature: 26°F
Wind Chill:
17°F

Route: The usual: down, over, over, up.
Running buddy: Matt

Sky cover/ environmental observations: Cloudy, but there was some pink light peeking through the clouds which was kind of pretty. There was still snow on the path from yesterday's snowfall, maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch or so. It was pretty light and dry. The pile of groundup xmas trees continues to smell heavenly, it's piney aroma being a treat to the senses. Especially because there aren't very many aromas in the winter. The air was crisp and cold in that good-winter-day kind of way.

Clothing: Army pants, neon, T-shirt, wind, hat, gloves, gator remained on all the time. Perfect clothing choice.
How did I feel? Good. You know, it's 7:00 in the morning, which means waking up in the 6's. My arches are sore from running a bit the other day while NOT in athletic shoes (silly, silly).

People spotted from the hill: Not a whole lot going on. Two people looked like they were working by the salt pile and there was one person on a bicycle, but he didn't appear to be a recreational biker. No one out recreationally.
Destination: Home. Arrived: 8:35am
What do I like about running? I like that I don't have to think about it. Like breathing. I can think about breathing, but I don't have to. It's liberating.



2 comments:

Matt Stairry said...

The bike rider's still got me puzzled all these hours later. I agree he or she didn't appear to be out for a recreational ride, but the sidewalk along the edge of Montrose Harbor isn't the quick route to anywhere, and I can't imagine anyone would decide that this particular morning was the right time to take in some extra scenery on the way to work. What gives?

Mary said...

Maybe he was on his way to work at the salt pile.