Thursday, February 21, 2008

Planning a Life - Thoughts


I leave for Europe a week from this evening. I'll be there 3 weeks. What do I want my life to look like when I get back? It'll be spring, or almost spring. A good time for growings and beginnings.

We're expanding into two more rooms at work which means there will be an increase in flexiblity of hours. I could change my schedule dramatically, if I so choose. Do I? I like working on Sundays, I like that my week ends early--on Thursday, I like that I only work one evening a week, and I think I like that it is Monday. I like that on Tues-Thursday, I usually get there after rush hour in the AM and get home before rush hour in the afternoon. So...? The only change I really consider would be working Tuesday-Saturday instead of Sunday-Thursday. But...given the choice, I think I really do choose my work schedule as it is. What a nice fuzzy feeling that is.

I'm wanting to start West African dance (WAD) classes again, but the next session won't start until April 29th. This is Tuesday nights. I can start going to the Friday drop-in classes sooner than that.

I would like to do Tai Chi. I'm looking at this school.

I'm considering trying this class

Writing Workshop – Ages: 18 & Over
Berger Park & Cultural Center6205 N. Sheridan Rd.60660 (Map It)Phone: 773.761.0376Th,7:00 pm - 9:00 pm 3/31/2008 - 6/8/2008


again, because ultimately I want to be writing more, and need a kick in the pants. It's inexpensive. It's nearby. It cuts to the heart of how to write productively. It was scary enough that I quit it last time I tried it--which somehow makes it appealing.

But I really want to guard against overbooking myself. It is the thing I know how to do best but that causes me the most grief, because I also want to maintain my relationships, have time to myself to do nothing, and have time that is unstructured to allow for random fun things to happen.

There is also the possibility of going to Iowa for Easter, Hands Free Thai Bodywork the following weekend, Meditation retreat the weekend after that. BUT. I think I'm not going to do any of these things. I really dislike rushing from one thing to the next. I started saying to myself at one point, "if I had to rush to get there, it's not worth going to," and I still agree with this.

No comments: