Friday, January 23, 2009

Unstuck, Unstuck, Unstuck at last!


Seriously though, life is good.  Let me count the ways:

1) I started two of the three business classes I'm taking this semester.  And get this--I actually LIKE them and am excited about them.  If it had been a first date, I would definitely expect a second date in the near future (like, say, Monday) and I'd be thinking that there's real potential here for a long and prosperous relationship.  It's rather refreshing to be excited about something that seems practical and potentially useful.   

2)  Yesterday I joined the YMCA and went swimming.  Yes, swimming!  For the first time since Lake Michigan got too cold to swim in.  Today I will go and investigate the weight room and if lap swim is open, swim again.  It's also warm and sunny out though so...I may head out for a run instead.  Batavia triathlon is 142 days away!

3)  I bought a new faux leather purple bag that is AWESOME.  You know, I always think blue is my favorite color, but there's something about purple.  Purple can convey so much more *attitude* than blue ever seems to be able to pull off.

4)  I learned how to strum on the guitar!  Yes, I pushed past that plateau and, though I am far from where I desire to be with this most infuriating but lovely of instruments, I see a new light in this tunnel.  Thank you to all who have assisted me in this journey off this plateau.  Guitar is the first instrument I've played since clarinet that I have arrived at and departed from a plateau.  I'm growing!  Also, exciting news about guitar:  my guitar class has been asked to accompany the fiddle class at graduation!  For whatever reason, I find this awesome, like I'm/we're good enough to be useful. 

5)  I've decided that tomorrow I'm going to join Weight Watchers.  Seriously.  I mean, I'm serious about my New Years Resolutions.  (Be it resolved that I get HOT in 2009 is basically it.)  There's a meeting at 8:15 AM 3/4 of a mile from my house on Saturday mornings.  This seems like an appointment I can keep.


Now, I just need to straighten up my apartment, set up my bike trainer, and hit the books!  :)


No comments: