Saturday, October 10, 2009

I baked sourdough bread!


I made my sourdough bread today. Here it is after the 1st rising, after being shaped into loaves:

And after the second rising! Aren't they cute and pump?

And after the baking! Smells good and yeasty!

And then the eating. Hot bread right out of the oven--so yummy!

We went grocery shopping yesterday after not going for three weeks--not sure how we managed that. Isn't a bowl of fresh produce a beautiful sight?

I can't wait to eat those sweet potatoes. Mmm. Autumn.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So the bread was good???? Veggies do look good. Hey, try honey crisp apples if you get the chance.

Mary said...

Yes, it is good. :) Those ARE honey crisp apples! Yum!

Sara said...

I love freshly risen plumpness! That makes me want to bake some bread :)