Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Friend from the Winter

I should be able to remember this run since it was only last Wednesday but...

Hmm...

Oh! It rained. And I overslept. Was that it? One of these runs I'm writing about now I overslept for. And for one of them it rained. Perhaps it was the same one.

7:00am, which turned into waking up at 7:10. Matt ringing the buzzer at 7:11. And leaving at 7:22am. That must have been this day. Maybe it was raining too.

Not as messy as it was when winter was melting, just some rain drops falling from above. I hardly noticed them. And...was this the day we saw the man with NO walking sticks?

I think it was because it was morning! We had gone over the hill, under the bridge, and were heading back around when a man who was jogging with a shuffle step perpendicular to our path called out, "hey, our you our friends from the winter?!"

hell, yeah. I thought. it's the man with walking sticks! But without the walking sticks! We said it was indeed us. And then he challenged us to a race in a month. Man! What motivation. And what progress he has made!

I think we ran the usual route.

No comments: