Monday, March 19, 2007

A Run in Portland, OR

Time of departure: 7:00 am
Return: 7:50am
Route: North of the hostel, south of the hostel, east of the hostel, and back to the hostel
Running buddy: Alan Watts
Clothing: long jogging pants and t-shirt
How did I feel? Okay.
What do I like about running? Not sure, I think it felt like a commitment.

So I'm trying to catch up on my running blogs. I'll post this of the date of the run, but it is actually April 2nd. But I've had requests, and I seem to not be posting new blogs so...

Here's the first one. I ran one time when I was in Oregon. It was in Portland, around the neighborhood where the hostel (pictured above) was. This is in the SE quadrant if you don't know but wanted to know.
It was a pleasant run, challenging mentally because I hadn't run in awhile (haven been sick and all). The air was cool and damp in that decidious rainforest kind of way. It started to rain just as I was returning to the hostel. The houses in the area were beautiful (Victorian style? I don't know these things. But they were beautiful). I saw many that I would live in if given the chance. There were lots of flowers in bloom. Lots of hills. And the air was just fantastic to be breathing.

No comments: