Saturday, November 24, 2007

A run blog



Marathon training week: 2/18
Marathon plan: 9 miles

Time of departure: about noon
Return: not sure

Phase of the moon: 100% full!

Temperature: 36°F(2°C)
Wind Chill: 27°F (-3°C)

Route: Down the lakefront, almost to Belmont
Approx Distance: 9 miles
Running buddy:
self
Clothing: shoes, socks, striped athletic pants, long sleeve t, windbreaker, hat, gloves. I felt a little underdressed when the wind was blowing, which it was most of the time. A sweatwicking t-shirt would have been nice.

What did I eat pre-run? 1/2 bagel, a sip of water. I should have drank more water.
How did I feel? I felt like my knees were tightening up. It was cold.
What do I like about running? It gets me out the house on a sunny day when it's cold.
________________________________


Today was one of those crisp, cold, beautiful days. And I spent the morning making my (relatively new but untouched) mp3 player work. I downloaded a book from the library and uploaded it onto my mp3 player! Ugh. I hate doing that sort of thing, which is why I've resisted (procrastinated) for so long. So I spent the run listening to a story...I forget the title and the author, but the main character is name Amanda Peabody...more on that later.

I'm watching the American President...Oh, how I love Aaron Sorkin!

No comments: