Friday, May 23, 2008

Our First Night Together

I'm smitten. It's true. I can hardly see past the stars in my eyes. Last night I came home and let him out of the bathroom where I'd left him to keep him safe and out of trouble. He ran around the house a bit and then I put him on my bed. He jumped off and ran around and vocalized a lot. (Like he's doing right now--I'm looking forward to his sister coming home so they can play together.) After I turned off the lights though he climbed into bed with me and started to burrow against me. I think he was looking for my nipples! Yikes! He liked being under the covers and seemed to want to go down my shirt as well, but I wouldn't let him do that. And that's how we slept, all night long, him curled up, body to body against me. Yum. He's a cuddlebug. Just like me! And he does the snout nuzzling thing that Indy used to do though not yet to the extent that Indy would. I think it comes from the nursing instinct. He purrs a lot and audibly. He seems to like to be touched everywhere. (He let me clean his ears yesterday without any fuss!) And he likes to sit on my lap, but when I'm typing he's very curious about the keys and the screen...the last 5 sentences have taken awhile...to get right. Oh! And, he grooms himself a lot, which is good because he smells a bit like a horse. Maybe that's Anti-Cruelty Center smell?

He ate some kibble this morning for the first time. Yay! He's adjusting to being here. :)

1 comment:

HiHoRosie said...

What an adorable little kitty!