Saturday, May 17, 2008

out of a funk


Today I drank my nettles. I woke up, contemplated my life, then contemplated life some more. Eric says I've been different since last Tuesday. Too much in my head, he tells me. But tonight's the last of it. I'm done. Too much thinking and whatever has put me into a funk and it's getting old and I'm boring myself. I had a headache today. All day. So annoying. I can count on one hand the number of headaches I've had in my life, not to include my migraine-like ear-ache kill-me-now pain that lasted for days and made me vomit--that was a different kind of pain. But traditional "tension headache" pain, well, I don't get that. But my neck is really tight and this is boring to write and I'm tired.........................

Yea, so I've decided a few things. One, I want a new hobby, a new passion. It's spring (hopefully) and I want to fall in love with something. So I'm on the make for a new hobby. I probably want it to be physical, because I like physical things. But not tooooooo demanding in the way of endurance, because I only have so much time and energy and chi for those sorts of activities. Kayaking? Aikido? Both sound appealing, I'm considering my options.

Two, I want my kittens. Where are they? I hope I find them soon.

Three...well, I had a third thing, but I either don't want to talk about it or it's just late and I want to go to bed now. I forget which. But I'll say this: My friendships, to include my family members who are also my friends, are the most valuable thing in my life. I feel incredibly grateful and lucky to have people in my life who will speak the truth to me, who sometimes love me more than I love myself, who hold me accountable to my own best interests, and who set the bar in the way of loyalty. While waiting for the bus tonight I realized I'm much better off having spent my 20s making really good friends than getting hitched to someone that I was no longer even friends with, as seems to be the case in too many marriages.

(Okay, dude, I'll be optimisticpositive again. You can be pessimisticnegative...well, after your surgery. Good vibes will help you heal faster.)



No comments: