Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last official Chicago "long run"

Saturday was my final "long run" in Chicago. Maybe I'll make some encore long runs when I visit, but that'll be part of a different era. Target distance today was 8 miles in honor of Eric and I having run (on and off) together for 8 years. Also, there's a 15K I'm thinking about doing in a month, and I think Eric has a half marathon in mind.

Time of departure: Late morning. Not sure; the clocks are gone in my place.
Return: We got to Alice n Friends at 12:15

Temperature: WARM, almost hot. low 70s, probably, but the sun was really powerful.
Wind Chill: eh.
Lake Temp: 50s, it looks like

Route: Down the lakefront to Addison drinking fountain, then in to the lake, and north to ANF
Approx Distance: 8 miles
Running buddy: Eric and Matt
Clothing: Shorts, t-shirt, running hat. THANK YOU, ERIC, for pressuring me to buy a running hat last year. I can't imagine sunny or rainy days without it now.

The Drive Activity: Eh.
Dog beach Activity: Hoppin'!!

What did I eat pre-run? A 600 calorie blueberry scone from Bittersweet and coffee. Yea, great pre-run snack. Maybe that's why I had side stitches.
How did I feel? I was cranky, it was hot, my diaphram and/or right intercostals were all tangled up.
What do I like about running? I like knowing that because this run sucked, the next one should feel good. IF, I ever get any good sleep at least, which is somewhat dependent on my kitty calming down about this move.
______________________________________________________

Oh, what is there to say? Last times and good-byes are always bittersweet. Maybe it was a good thing the run felt kinda crappy and I was kinda cranky. But, the lakefront was beautiful and everyone and their sister's soccer team was out playing somewhere. 6 teams I think it was playing within the vicinity of the Montrose Hill and many more up and down the path. Lots of delicious smelling BBQs. Lots of people out on the bike and running pathes. A few adventurous souls on the beaches that opened this weekend. A very happenin' Montrose Dog Beach...

We had post-run brunch at ANF, since I basically have nothing in the way of cooking materials or eating equipment. Followed by a post-run nap in my basically unfurnished apartment while waiting for someone to come buy my bookshelf:


:)

No comments: