Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Running again

Last night I attended the first night of the season of Team Steam, a running group in Peoria that trains for the Steamboat Classic. I had in my head that this was your average casual friendly running club, and while, yes, they are friendly, they appear to be anything but casual. They distributed timing chips for our shoes and were told to bring them to every workout!

The first workout:

-1 mile warm-up
-interval training: 2 min, 4 min, 2 min, rest, 2 min, 4 min...I lost track.
Then:
-2 mile timed trial!
Cause they wanted to see how we'd perform on 2 miles after our muscles were fatigued. I've never heard of such a thing.

Boy, am I out of shape!! My time: 20:47. (Which, amazingly, is a pass for a woman of my age group on the Army Physical Fitness Test, a whole 66 points. But still sucky compared to where I was a year and so ago.) When I finished, I almost threw up. When I got home, Frank was quite concerned, "you don't usually look like this when you get back from a run." My face was beet red.

Oh, Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be fun!

1 comment:

eric said...

SHE'S BACK!!!

this group sounds awesome. i might have to make another visit to peoria!