Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wildlife Prairie Park 4 mile Trail run

Last Saturday I ran the Wildlife Prairie Park Trail run. 4 miles of dirt, rocks, roots, hills, and valleys. Weather was perfect, which I wasn't anticipating, and so I overdressed by wearing capris instead of shorts. Sunny sky with just enough breeze to keep it pleasant.

Pre-race nerves as usual. Excellent race shirt! They were particular about distributing the size shirt you had requested on your race form--so mine fit!! Yay! (You know, race shirts that don't fit because they passed out all the smalls to people who don't know their size is one of my pet peeves.)

The race: I took it pretty easy. I ran with a very friendly retired surgeon named Rich. He was great fun! I realize just now that all the people I run with at Team Steam are women, and I miss running with men. Not that women aren't good running buddies too, but... So I ran with Rich, and since he's doing the Champaign marathon this next weekend, we took it easy.

My time is nothing to be proud of: 45:34. But, it was fun!

Now, talking about times, these are the times that have been recorded at Team Steam workouts:

4/6
2 mile ave pace: 10:23/mi

4/10
2 mile ave pace: 10:29/mi
2 mile ave pace: 11:19/mi

4/13
400 repeats: at paces: 8:04, 8:20, 8:36, 8:08, 7:52, 8:00, 8:16/mile

4/15
2 mile ave pace: 9:51/mi
2 mile ave pace: 10:17/mi

4/27
5k (3.1 mile) ave pace: 9:37/mile
5k (3.1 mile) ave pace: 10:02/mile

I'll plot them on a graph soon, but I can already see I'm improving, yay!

3 comments:

eric said...

good times!

i predict that you'll see a pretty dramatic increase in your speed in the next month.

also, considering terrain and topography that's a good race result!

Mary said...

Thanks, dude. I could also mention that the runs I do with Team Steam ALL involve hills that Chicago has never seen the likes of--they're intense! Next time you visit, if not for a race, I'll take you for a run on them.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.